Thursday 18 September 2008

Chapter 21

She’d heard all of them laughing about David and staying on bikes, ‘David, you don’t have to do this. I’ll leave the bike here and get it tomorrow, really I don’t mind.’

‘I do, you’ve just said you won’t leave it here, so we’re gonna ride it to the hotel!’ She noticed he was getting a bit pissy and uptight, lord men and their pride!

They all walked out and over to her baby and she could swear she heard him groan, but looking at him he’d got a smile pasted onto his face.

‘Aw damn darlin I’m in lust!’ Jon walked the length of her bike, running his hands over the saddle and handles, caressing them and looking longingly at them. Richie hunkered down and was checking things out too. David just stood there looking at the monster, and to him it seemed to be one!

‘Shit Lemma, don’t do it bro! Just get in the car and let’s go.’ Jon was concerned that David really would do this, and if he got hurt ……Crap!

‘Oh come on he may not fall off this time, he’s got a hot woman to hold on tight to!’ Richie butted in stirring it even more.

Lucky stared at David in horror, ‘Fall off?’

Tico slid his arm about her waist, ‘Miel, Davy here hasn’t got what you call a good record on bikes. Last count he’d fallen off eight times, and considering he’s only been on a bike five times ….. Well it ain’t good!’ He lit his cigar and dragged in a lung full.

‘Is that true?’ She looked David in the eye.

‘Yeah.’ Damn he thought, I sound like a right gimp!

Lucky noticed the slump of his shoulders, leaning over she gently kissed him, ‘I’ll be gentle with you, let’s go Curly.’ She winked at him, flipped open the saddle, dragged out her leather jacket and two helmets, she handed one to him, ‘Trust me.’

He looked deep into her eyes, there was no laughter there, just a look that said he could do anything, ‘I do, let’s go.’ He popped the helmet on and took the offer of a spare pair of leather gloves from her, then watched her get ready. She wound her hair up, used one small clip to hold it in place, then pulled on her helmet. Then she zipped up her jacket, turning David saw the back of it and laughed.

The black leather had tooled into it a row of musical notes, he recognised the opening bars of his Netherworld Waltz, and under it a set of keys that looked like a Steinway. ‘Nice leathers.’

‘Yeah I thought so too. Ok, so we’ll see you at the party then people? Jon, wipe the drool off my baby will you.’ She rolled her eyes and Jon reddened slightly.

‘You’re really going to do this Dave?’

‘Yeah I am it’s about time I tried it again.’ He slapped Jon on the shoulder, he knew he was worried. Then watched as Lucky swung gracefully onto her bike, she kicked up the stand, turned the key and pushed the button, her baby roared to life, growling and purring.

Lucky pushed a button on her helmet, ‘You coming Curly?’ She saw him jerk at her voice in his helmet, ‘Push the button on the side and we can talk all the way if you want.’

He did, ‘Damn that was weird, thought those voices in my head had suddenly come out.’ He laughed and gingerly got on behind her.

‘David the damn bike won’t bite! Now put your arms about me and hold on, remember to lean when we hit corners, don’t fight it otherwise we’ll get hurt.’

‘Hmmm this I could get to like.’ He said wrapping his long arms tightly about her waist, fingers linking in front of her stomach, making butterflies bounce about. He inched forward till he was plastered to her back; she wondered if this was a good idea, her focus was shot to shit now.

‘Let’s go.’ Was all she could manage, she gave a quick salute to the people standing there, gunned the bike, and took off at a slower pace than normal, but one that made him limpet himself to her even more, and if someone asked, she might tell them she’d heard him recite a prayer or two over the first couple of minutes, but after that he relaxed and loosened his hold on her a little, which meant she could now breath.

‘You ok back there?’

‘Darlin I’m fine and loving it! It’s different being a passenger, not the driver. I feel safe with you driving.’ He did too, his nerves had left him not long as she pulled away, and she handled the bike like a pro. ‘I think I hated bikes because the others thought I should be able to throw my leg over the damn thing and ride like they could. But I couldn’t, and every time I got on one, I panicked.’

‘Didn’t they help you out at all, or like now take us as a passenger?’

‘Nah, they just stood and laughed.’

‘The shits!’

‘Yeah they are.’ He loved to hear the disgust in her voice.

‘I’ve taught several of my friends to ride, and I always take them out behind me first, just so they can get a feel of how they’ll feel on the bike. Then we start off with getting on and off and standing the bike so it doesn’t get away from them. Next is getting on and starting it up, then a baby ride making sure they can break okay, then a little ride down the road, and after they feel comfortable with all of it, we hit the open road, and I show them how they should ride. It seems to work okay.’

‘Darlin, if you taught me I’d be your most attentive student; and possibly the horniest one.’ They both chuckled at that.

‘How about we take the long way back and you can get used to the bike?’

‘Darlin, as long as I’m wrapped around you, I’m fine.’

‘Yes you are.’ Her thoughts hit the gutter and bounced back out again. Sighing she gunned the bike and finally let the throttle out the bike took off and David whooped with delight, not fear!

3 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

Just got caught up on the last couple of chapters. Yeah, David wrapped around ya... I'd take the long way, too :)

And for the record, I think she should sleep with him; as long as it's HIM and not ROCK STAR HIM.

norwichliz said...

Wonder what else she's going to teach him?.....or maybe it's her turn to be the student?

Kris said...

Come on, now we waited long enough! ;-) Really need to know how it will go on!!