Sunday 25 January 2009

Chapter 33

He quickly went to his door, swiped the card and let himself in, and stopped. She stood there with her jeans on and one of his shirts, a baby blue one, from the wardrobe, and she was inhaling his scent from it with a little smile on her lips. With the light shining through the window the red in her hair caught fire slamming into his gut with an iron fist. ‘Mornin baby.’ It came out husky and full of latent desire lacing it. Good god her hair was damp which meant she’d grabbed a shower, the thought of her naked and in his shower nearly had his dick jumping out his jeans and hopping on its own over to her and beg her to let it fuck her! Sweet Jesus!

Lucky gasped and her eyes shot to his, blushing at being caught sniffing his clothes, ‘Good morning, or very nearly afternoon.’

‘I see you’ve already started raiding my wardrobe.’ He sighed heavily and loudly, damn he so wanted to sweep her into his arms and kiss the living daylights out of her, but he wasn’t sure about that.

She smirked, ‘Well seeing as I didn’t get to go home last night, and I’ve sent my top down to the laundry for a quick once over, I needed something to cover me.’ She looked at him under her lashes, holy crap what a gorgeous piece of manhood he was. When she’d finally woken up she’d jerked into a sitting position and realised she’d been stripped down and put to bed like a child. She’d been mortified, but then she’d seen his note and also the pillow next to her looked like he’d used it. She’d grinned at the thought he’d stayed with her, any normal man would probably listen to her baggage then either thrown her out or run screaming for the hills, but not David. She vaguely remembered snuggling her back into a warm solid mass, and steel bands about her. She’d dreamt of being safe and loved, but it was a dream, wasn’t it?

‘Well I like it better on you than me.’ He walked over to her and using it as an excuse to touch her, straightened the collar out, her hair shifting over his fingers like a river of silk. He looked into her eyes and saw nothing of the nights before sadness in them, they looked clear and happy. He couldn’t help himself, she looked so good, he leant forward ‘Mornin.’ And this time gently laid his lips to hers, not taking it deeper, loving the feel of her lips moulding to his.

She couldn’t help herself, her arms raised and locked about his neck, and with a moan and calling himself several kinds of asshole; he deepened the kiss, pulling her into his strong arms, fitting her to his hard planes. He felt her melt against him and his brain shut down and his control slipped. As it hit the no turning back stage he took her arms from his neck and gently setting her away from him, deep breathing all the while trying to calm himself down. It wasn’t easy, but he needed to show her he didn’t want a quick fuck from her!

Lucky looked at him and frowned, then blushed, of course he wouldn’t want her after all that shit she’d heaped on him last night, she hung her head trying to hold back the flood of tears his not wanting her caused. ‘As soon as my shirts back I’ll be on my way, excuse me for a second would you. Don’t let your brunch go cold.’ And with that she bolted for the bathroom.

He stood there stunned, what the hell had gone wrong this time? He closed his eyes and replayed everything he’d done or said since entering the room. His brain screeched to a halt, reversed and then he started swearing out loud! She ran because she thought he didn’t want her, he’d bet Jon’s house on it!

He quickly walked to the door and tapped on it, ‘Lucky darlin are you okay?’ Nothing. Then he heard it shit she was crying! Without thinking he tried the door, it was open, pushing it he walked in, and there sat in the corner farthest from the door was Lucky, trying to cry silently so he wouldn’t hear her. Cursing himself he walked over, sat down next to her and lifted her into his lap. ‘Lucky, sweetheart, don’t cry please!’ he took a breath and she carried on crying burying her face in his neck, the hot tears ran down his throat, damn!

He started talking quickly trying to get her to listen to him. ‘I’m sorry baby; I shouldn’t have kissed you like that. Damn I was trying not to rush you then I go and kiss you like a drowning man. I don’t want to freak you out, but when I saw you there, you just looked so tempting I needed a small sample just to keep me going. But I couldn’t keep it simple! No I had to go off the handle and ravage you. God it’s no good when you’re about I think only with my dick and my heart, my brain just caves in, it can’t cope! I want you, but I’m willing to wait till you’re ready for the physical part of our relationship. So much for courting you!’ He took a breath and nearly hyperventilated himself into an early grave when he noticed she was quite and had stopped crying.

Lucky sat there wrapped in his arms, and tried to take in what he’d said. From the sound of it, he wasn’t trying to get rid of her at all, in fact the way he was talking, it sounded like, well, and he thought there was more to them, and that he couldn’t control himself around her. Did he mean it, courting her?

He sat there with her in his arms for what seemed like hours, but it was only minutes, he couldn’t seem to help himself and he kissed her hair, breathing in his own scent, he grinned she’d used his shampoo, he hugged her closer, grinning stupidly.

4 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

oh thank GOD D talked to her rather than let the misunderstanding go on. :0

~ Hath

Anonymous said...

Bloody Men! I'm glad he learnt his lesson from last time and actually talked to her.

Vicki

Bayaderra said...

David....Lucky...you need to start comunicating on the same wave length!

And Gail, this line: " he’d bet Jon’s house on it!" ROFLMAO!!!
David, you're not playing the high stakes here...his penthouse in SoHo is more expensive at this point in time!

norwichliz said...

I'm impressed that he actually figured out what the problem was! But if he was real sure he would have bet his own house on it instead of Jon's! lmao!